RECRUITMENT IN ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019
Recruitment requirements are outlined in the Resolution of the Senate of the Wroclaw Medical University No. 1763 of 26.04.2017, App. 6 " Recruitment requirements and procedure for the 1st year of the long cycle full-time program, conducted in the English language at the Wroclaw Medical University, in the Academic Year 2018/2019 in the majors of Medicine and Dentistry" , Polish version. English version.
Admission Calendar for academic year 2018/2019 may be found here : Polish version, English version. Please read it carefully, because in the calendar can be found important information regarding admission procedure.
Attention! We would like to inform that the opening of the Online Registration System is predicted on 12 February 2018.
LINK TO REGISTRATION SYSTEM - CREATING AN ACCOUNT (IRK) : https://irk.umed.wroc.pl/irk/irk/strony/rejestracjakandydata.html
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE 2018/2019
we are very pleased that you are interested in studying at our Wroclaw Medical University. Wroclaw Medical University is one of the most renowned public medical schools in Poland. The curriculum is identical with that of the Polish Division. Studies are adapted to the common European programe, in keeping with the European admission standards for medical education. Teaching is carried out by a team of highly educated specialists in tutorial groups of 10–12 students in the theoretical subjects and 4–5 students during bedside teaching. Currently, 825 students study in English at Wroclaw Medical University (682 medical students and 143 dentistry students), mostly from Germany but also from Scandinavia, Canada, USA, the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, RSA, and Saudi Arabia.
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission requirements are the same for the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Dentistry. According to our recruitment procedure there are no entrance exams or interviews at the Wroclaw Medical University. We have an open competition of grades. The results of the following subjects must be presented on the High School Diploma: Chemistry, Biology – mandatory, and Physics or Mathematics – one of them. This will be checked during the enrolment procedures. Candidates will be chosen by an open competition on the basis of grades on the high school certificate (transcript of grades). Please note that the High School Diploma has to entitle the candidate to study at university level in the country of the candidate’s origin where the diploma has been issued.
How to apply for admission to Wroclaw Medical University?
All candidates applying for a place in the University are asked to register in Online Registration System (IRK). Link to the IRK System is going to be available on our website since 12 February 2018. All candidates are obliged to pay recruitment fee in first stage of recruitment procedure. The recruitment fee is 85 PLN and will be generated by Online system in candidates' profiles.
There are two stages of recruitment procedure:
Stage 1 : Online registration – application for all candidates. Starts on 12 February 2018
Stage 2 : Submitting of originals of documents, payments of tuition fee – it applies only to candidates who have been accepted after Stage 1.
What documents (scans) are required during Stage 1 procedure?
- High School Diploma with transcript of grades - which qualifies a candidate to undertake higher education studies at university level in the country of issue. Translation into Polish or English is required.
- English Language Certificate - if your mother language is not English, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL.
- Copy of passport or another personal ID - in case of having Polish passport (ID) and passport (ID) of different country you have to use Polish passport (ID).
- Health Certificate – stating that the candidate is in good condition to start medical studies. Filled and signed by a doctor. See : required forms below.
- Application Form – signed by the candidate. See : required forms below.
English Language Certificates
- IB Diploma is equivalent to proficiency of the English Language
- Countries where official language is English: not applicable
- Swedish candidates – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : C or VG
- Norwegian candidates – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : 4 (god kompetanse i faget)
- German candidates – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : 2 (Gut). GeR confirmation.
Full information regarding English language certificates may be found HERE.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE ONE.
In the Stage One the candidates must create an account in the System. After successful creation, they upload scans of the documents mentioned above. Those scans will be considered by the Admission Board. If the candidate is qualified to admission by the Admission Board, the candidate is informed via Online system, as well as by email, informing on the approval to the Stage Two. All candidates may check it in their profiles. In this Stage the candidates must pay recruitment fee (85 PLN) to individual bank account number. This payment must be done till July 9th 2018. Important is the day of receipt of payment to the account of the university. Without this payment the candidate cannot participate in the second Stage.
The deadline for online application is July 9th 2018.
Attention: Applications submitted after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered by the Admission Board!
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE TWO
Stage Two applies to candidates who have been accepted by the Admission Board.
After successful conditional* acceptance in stage One your status in IRK profile will change from candidate into accepted. In that moment IRK system will generate agreement which can be found in “Print outs” in your profile. The candidate must print it out sign it and upload it into IRK profile “Attach documents”. In the Agreement you will find three important things : Individual bank account number for payment of tuition fee, Deadline for payment of tuition fee and Schedule of payment. In the mean time you will receive the Decision of conditional* acceptance, first – scanned into your email address, then the original of the Decision to your home address.
*what does it means Conditional acceptance – it means that :
1. you must upload signed agreement into IRK profile
2. you must pay tuition fee in proper time
3. submit to the University originals of required documents. See list below.
If you meet this three condition your acceptance will be final.
Remember ! In Stage Two you must submit the originals of the required documents and pay the tuition fee. The list of required originals of documents will be sent to you immediately after your acceptance by the Admission Board (Stage 1). For all accepted candidates the University assigns/prepares their individual bank accounts (in the Agreement). So please try not to use the general bank account number of the University.
Deadline for submitting of the originals of documents to the University and bank confirmation of payment (of tuition fee) is August 31st 2018. Remember the deadline for payment of tuition fee you will find in your agreement.
List of the ORIGINALS of documents, which must be submitted to Wroclaw Medical University (only for accepted candidates) :
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES (if not included on the Diploma) – must be translated into Polish language. The original of High School Diploma (in your language of origin) must be legalized or provided with an APOSTILLE in the country of student`s origin (depending on country). The Polish translation has to be done by a sworn translator. Please learn more about apostille HERE. Please also learn more about legalization of documents HERE.
- CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY - a document which certifies that the diploma authorises to undertake higher education studies in compliance with the valid regulation of the issuing state, if applicable;
- APPLICATION FORM – filled in and signed by the candidate (including personal questionnaire) for admission to studies, stating the chosen field of studies.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE – that proves a good command of both written and spoken English (e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL, IELTS), must be certified according to the Regulation of the President of the Council of Ministers dated 16th December 2009 on the qualification procedures in civil services in case when English language is not a mother language of the candidate. Documents confirming language proficiency are listed in Appendix 1.
- HEALTH CERTIFICATE - filled and signed by a doctor
- TWO (2) RECENT PASSPORT PHOTOS (on paper) – passport size (35x45 mm) signed on the back, the same as the photograph uploaded to the IRK
- HEPATITIS B – confirmation of vaccination against it.
- INSURANCE POLICY – in case of illness or accidents covering the whole period of studies in Poland or European Card of Health Insurance, or declaration of obtaining an insurance policy from the National Health Fund immediately after the beginning of studies,
- VISA – a valid resident visa or Temporary Stay Card which entitles to stay on the territory of the Polish Republic. EU citizens can apply for Temporary Stay Card in Poland, during the first two months in Poland.
- PROOF OF PAYMENT – all candidates have their own individual bank account number created by the Online Registration System and listed in the Decision and in the Agreement. The payment must be done onto this individual account. Do not forget to write ED or English Division as well as your full name on your bank money order.
REMEMBER ! The deadline for submission of the documents listed above is on August 31st 2018 .
Number of available places for the first year students: 150
Successful candidates may wish to apply for a place in a student's dorm. See accommodation in left menu.
Legalization (authentication) of documents :
Please note that the procedure is different depending on country of origin.
See more : Recognition of foreign school certificates and diplomas in Poland
The payment of the University tuition fee for first semester of the first year is 24.600 PLN and must be done till the deadline specified in the Agreement. The next installment for second semester is 24.600 PLN. The students are obliged to pay the second part of payment for the second semester before the 15th February. Any form of financial support or scholarship should be organized in your home country.
CONTACT FOR CANDIDATES :
Wroclaw Medical University, Faculty of Medicine - English Division
Pl - 50-368 Wroclaw
Phone +48 71 784 17 26, +48 71 784 15 57
Email : email@example.com
Phone +48 71 784 17 53,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org