we would like to inform that due to pandemic situation enrollment has been prolonged by 14th August 2020. HERE you will find new recruitment schedule
Attention! We would like to inform that the Online Registration System has been opened. Deadline for application is July 5th 2020.
RECRUITMENT IN ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/2021
Recruitment requirements are outlined in the Resolution of the Senate of the Wroclaw Medical University No. 2042 of 19.06.2019, App. 5 " Requirements and procedure for admission to the 1st year of long-cycle Master’s degree programmes, run in English at the Wroclaw Medical University" , Polish version; English version.
Recruitment schedule (NEW) for academic year 2020/2021 may be found here : Polish version, English version. Please read it carefully, because in the calendar can be found important information regarding admission procedure.
LINK TO REGISTRATION SYSTEM - CREATING AN ACCOUNT (IRK) : HERE
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE 2020/2021
we are very pleased that you are interested in studying at our Wroclaw Medical University. Wroclaw Medical University is one of the most renowned public medical schools in Poland. The curriculum is identical with that of the Polish Division. Studies are adapted to the common European programe, in keeping with the European admission standards for medical education. Teaching is carried out by a team of highly educated specialists in tutorial groups of 10–12 students in the theoretical subjects and 4–5 students during bedside teaching. Currently, 837 students study in English at Wroclaw Medical University (694 medical students and 143 dentistry students), mostly from Germany but also from Scandinavia, Canada, USA, the United Kingdom, Ireland, India, RSA, and Saudi Arabia.
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission requirements are the same for the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Dentistry. According to our recruitment procedure there are no entrance exams or interviews at the Wroclaw Medical University. We have an open competition of grades. The results of the following subjects must be presented on the High School Diploma: Chemistry, Biology – mandatory, and Physics or Mathematics – one of them. This will be checked during the enrolment procedures. Candidates will be chosen by an open competition on the basis of grades on the high school certificate (transcript of grades). Please note that the High School Diploma has to entitle the candidate to study at university level in the country of the candidate’s origin where the diploma has been issued.
How to apply for admission to Wroclaw Medical University?
All candidates applying for a place in the University are asked to register in Online Registration System (IRK). Link to the IRK System is going to be available on our website since 24th February 2020. All candidates are obliged to pay recruitment fee in first stage of recruitment procedure. The recruitment fee is 85 PLN and will be generated by Online system in candidates' profiles.
There are two stages of recruitment procedure:
Stage 1 : Online registration – application for all candidates. Starts on 24th February 2020
Stage 2 : Submitting of originals of documents, payments of tuition fee – it applies only to candidates who have been accepted after Stage 1.
What documents (scans) are required during Stage 1 procedure?
- High School Diploma with transcript of grades - which qualifies a candidate to undertake higher education studies at university level in the country of issue. Translation into Polish is required. Scan of the original document is also required.
- English Language Certificate – if your mother language is not English, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL.
- Copy of passport or another personal ID – personal ID refers only to EU countries. In case of having Polish passport (ID) and passport (ID) of different country you have to use Polish passport (ID).
- Health Certificate – stating that the candidate is in good condition to start medical studies. Filled and signed by a doctor. See : download the form.
- Application Form – signed by the candidate.
English Language Certificates
- IB Diploma and EB diploma are equivalent to the proficiency of English Language
- Candidates from EU and EFTA (whole period of High school in EU and EFTA) – certificates confirming English language proficiency on the level B2, according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) as well as :
- Swedish candidates (whole period of High school in Sweden) – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : C or VG
- Norwegian candidates (whole period of High school in Norway) – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : 4 (god kompetanse i faget)
- German candidates (whole period of High school in Germany) – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : 2 (Gut)
- Candidates from countries where the official language is English and the medium of instructions was English during whole period of education : not applicable
Full information regarding English language certificates may be found HERE.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE ONE.
In the Stage One the candidates must create an account in the System. After successful creation, they upload scans of the documents mentioned above. Those scans will be considered by the Admission Board. If the candidate is qualified to admission by the Admission Board, the candidate is informed via Online system, as well as by email, informing on the approval to the Stage Two. All candidates may check it in their profiles. In this Stage the candidates must pay recruitment fee (85 PLN) to individual bank account number. This payment must be done till July 5th 2020. Important is the day of receipt of payment to the account of the university. Without this payment the candidate cannot participate in the second Stage.
The deadline for online application is July 5th 2020.
Attention: Applications submitted after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered by the Admission Board!
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE TWO
Stage Two applies to candidates who have been accepted by the Admission Board.
After successful conditional* acceptance in stage One your status in IRK profile will change from candidate into accepted. In that moment IRK system will generate agreement which can be found in “Print outs” in your profile. The candidate must print it out sign it and upload it into IRK profile “Attach documents”. In the Agreement you will find three important things : Individual bank account number for payment of tuition fee, Deadline for payment of tuition fee and Schedule of payment. In the mean time you will receive the Decision of conditional* acceptance, first – scanned into your email address, then the original of the Decision to your home address.
*what does it means Conditional acceptance – it means that :
1. you must upload signed agreement into IRK profile
2. you must pay tuition fee in proper time
3. submit to the University originals of required documents. See list below.
If you meet this three condition your acceptance will be final.
Remember ! In Stage Two you must submit the originals of the required documents and pay the tuition fee. The list of required originals of documents will be sent to you immediately after your acceptance by the Admission Board (Stage 1). For all accepted candidates the University assigns/prepares their individual bank accounts (in the Agreement). So please try not to use the general bank account number of the University.
Deadline for submitting of the originals of documents to the University and bank confirmation of payment (of tuition fee) is August 31st 2020. Remember the deadline for payment of the tuition fee you will find in your agreement.
List of the ORIGINALS of documents, which must be submitted to Wroclaw Medical University (only for accepted candidates) :
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES (if not included on the Diploma). The original of High School Diploma (in your language of origin) must be legalized in Polish Embassy or Consulate , or provided with an APOSTILLE in the country of student`s origin (depending on country). Please learn more about apostille HERE. Please also learn more about legalization of documents HERE.
- TRANSLATION OF THE HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES – The Polish translation has to be done by a sworn translator.
- CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY - a document which certifies that the diploma authorises to undertake higher education studies in compliance with the valid regulation of the issuing state, if applicable (if not included on the Diploma);
- APPLICATION FORM – filled in and signed by the candidate (including personal questionnaire) for admission to studies, stating the chosen field of studies.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE – that proves a good command of both written and spoken English (e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL, IELTS). Documents confirming language proficiency are listed in Appendix 1.
- HEALTH CERTIFICATE - filled and signed by a doctor
- HEPATITIS B – confirmation of vaccination against it.
REMEMBER ! The deadline for submission of the documents listed above is on August 31st 2020 .
Number of available places for the first year students: 150
Successful candidates may wish to apply for a place in a student's dorm. See accommodation in left menu.
Legalization (authentication) of documents :
Please note that the procedure is different depending on country of origin.
See more : Recognition of foreign school certificates and diplomas in Poland
Dear candidates here you will learn more regarding statuses during recruitment procedure:
REGISTERED – the person who created its account in IRK System, without next steps.
CANDIDATE – status following after Registered. The person who filled all required information and uploaded all required scans of documents. Recruitment fee payment comleated. Waiting for the decision of Recruitment Board.
CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED – status following after Candidate. The person assessed positively by the Recruitment Board, who must meet additional requirements : sign Agreement, submit originals of documents, pay tuition fee for the first semester
ACCEPTED – status following after Conditionally Accepted. The person who met all requirements, waiting for the beginning of academic year to sign the Oath.
UNACCEPTED – The person who wasn’t accepted by the Recruitment Board
RESIGNATION – The person who resigned from the studies.
PENDING - status following after Candidate. The person who is on waiting list. Waiting for final decision of the Recruitment Board
CONTACT FOR CANDIDATES :
Wroclaw Medical University, Faculty of Medicine - English Division
Pl - 50-368 Wroclaw
Phone +48 71 784 17 26, +48 71 784 15 57
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone +48 71 784 17 53,
Email : email@example.com
Attachment No. 6
to the Regulation No. 138/XV R/2018
of the Rector of the Wrocław Medical University
of 15 November 2018
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
/ in the event of obtaining personal data from the data subject /
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR) we would like to inform you that:
- The Administrator of your personal data is Wroclaw Medical University with registered office at Wybrzeże Pasteura 1, 50-367 Wrocław, hereinafter referred to as the "Administrator", represented by the Rector;
- The Administrator has appointed the Data Protection Officer, whom you can contact in matters relating to the processing of personal data at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of:
- admission to studies as part of the recruitment process, and in the case of selecting your candidacy, in order to conclude and implement the agreement, as well as for purposes resulting from the educational process, including the issue of student ID, granting financial support, granting a place in a student residence hall,
- performing statistical and reporting duties of the Administrator,
- marketing services provided by the Administrator,
- The legal basis for the processing of your data is:
- Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, i.e. your consent expressed in order to carry out the recruitment process and for purposes set out in point (3)(c),
- Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR, i.e. the agreement concluded between you and the University,
- Art.6(1)(c) GDPR, i.e. fulfilment of legal obligations incumbent on the Administrator, resulting from the provisions of law on higher education and other applicable provisions binding the Administrator, including reporting, statistical and archiving obligations;
- Your personal data may be provided by the Administrator to: Administrator's internal organizational units, entities providing Administrator with operation and maintenance services for the Administrator's systems, as well as intermediaries in recruitment and other bodies or entities authorized under separate regulations;
- The Administrator may entrust another entity, by way of an agreement concluded in writing, with processing of your personal data on behalf of the Administrator;
- The Administrator will store your personal data for a period necessary to achieve the purposes of processing, but not for less than the period specified in the legal provisions relating to archiving, and in the case of processing your data on the basis of consent, no longer than until your consent is withdrawn;
- In certain cases, on the terms and in the manner specified in the applicable provisions, you have the right to access and correct your data (Articles 15 and 16 of the GDPR), delete data (Article 17 of the GDPR), restrict their processing (Article 18 of the GDPR), oppose to processing (Article 21 of the GDPR), transfer the data (Article 20 of the GDPR) and withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal;
- You have the right to submit a complaint with the supervisory body - the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection - if you suspect that personal data are processed by the Administrator in violation of the law;
- Providing your personal data is not mandatory, but necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. Failure to provide data shall result in refusal to qualify for the recruitment process or refusal to conclude an agreement. In the case of selecting your candidacy, the obligation to provide your personal data results from the provisions of the law on higher education;
- Your personal data are not subject to automated decision making, including profiling, referred to in Article 4(4) GDPR, which means the form of automated processing of personal data, which consists in the use of personal data for the assessment of certain personal factors of a natural person;
- Your personal data may be transferred to a third country (i.e. outside the territory of the European Union) or an international organization under the rules laid down by law.