Admission criteria for transfer students:
Candidates from other medical universities in Poland or abroad who have attended program of dentistry studies in English language before can apply for transfer to the 5-year dentistry program at the WMU only within the same faculty. Please note that the transfer may take place only at the beginning of the academic year, once the student has completed the previous academic year and has met all the requisites operative at the university the student is leaving, that is the student must have obtained credits in all subjects and must have passed all required exams. Transfer to the Faculty of Dentistry is basically possible to the 3rd year of studies.
The candidates are expected to submit the following documents before the 15th of August prior to the beginning of the prospective academic year:
2. original college transcript of records from the University the student is leaving
3. High School Diploma (original) plus apostille (both with Polish translation)
4. Original high school diploma (or its copy certified by a notary) of a sufficiently high standard must be legalized by a Polish consulate (or other institution authorized to this procedure) in the country of student`s origin as the equivalent to Polish secondary school certificate. Students with diploma from the countries which are members of the Hague Conference on Private Law must receive an apostille on the original high school diploma (www.hcch.net). The diploma must be then submitted to the Department of Education in Poland (Kuratorium Oswiaty) in order to be recognized as equivalent to the Polish high school diploma.
5. certificate from Polish Embassy or other authorized institution stating that this diploma entitles its owner to continue higher education at university level (unless such statement is provided on the diploma)
6. Students holding IB or EB high school diploma do not need to have apostille and certificate indicated in pkt 6.
7. Medical Health Certificate form filled in by the applicant's physician
8. English language certificate that proves a good command of both written and spoken English (FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL) or any other document of reasonable proficiency in English, as described in
9. photocopy of the applicant's passport
10. 4 recent passport photographs passport size signed on the back (NO HEAD COVER, PLEASE)
IMPORTANT: Students who apply for a transfer to the 3rd year are obliged to pass an exam in Preclinical dentistry" which includes subjects from 2nd year (Physiology of masticatory system,Dental materials, Preclinical restorative dentistry, Preclinical endodontics) and from 1st year (Prosthodontics and Ergonomics). Description of PRECLINICAL exam are HERE
All the above documents should be submitted to:
Faculty of Dentistry, English Division
Krakowska Street 26,
50-425 Wroclaw, Poland
phone: +48 71 784 06 58
phone: +48 71 784 06 57