GUIDEBOOK for NEWLY-ADMITTED students
PUBLIC TRANSPORT SCHEDULE - CITY MAP
If you want to easily plan a route using public transport in Wrocław check website:
Here you can apply for URBANCARD, receive the card, buy tickets, submit a complaint concerning Wrocław Urban Card :
ul. Grabiszyńska 9, entrance from Piłsudskiego street (at pl. Legionów)
(Mon-Fri: hours: 8.00-18.00, Sat: hours. 8.00-14.00), tel.: 71 341 12 00
Find out more information in English on Urbancard website : http://www.urbancard.pl/en/index.html
Fire brigade: 998
From mobile phone dial 112 for emergency services
Examples of banks:
Alior Bank, www.aliorbank.pl
Bank BPH, www.bph.pl
Bank Pekao SA, www.pekao.com.pl
Bank Zachodni WBK, www.bzwbk.pl
Credit Agricole Bank, www.credit-agricole.pl
Deutsche Bank, www.deutschebank.pl
Euro Bank, www.eurobank.pl
Getin Bank, www.getinbank.pl
ING Bank Śląski, www.ingbank.pl
Millenium Bank, www.bankmillennium.pl
PKO Bank Polski, www.pkobp.pl
…and much more.
WROCŁAW CITY BIKES (WRM)
1. Sign Up for Nextbike (www.nextbike.pl ) bookmark “Rejestracja” ( Registration), enter the required data, confirm conditions and a deposit of at least 1 PLN initiation fee (WRM) - this fee will allow you to use the bike Nextbike 24 hours a day from spring to late autumn.
2. To rent a bike from the station, walk to the terminal, press the icon "Wypożycz” (Rent).
3. Then you have to authorize the rental by phone number and PIN code generated during the registration or any card type of 'PayPass' (you can register the card in the terminal during the first rent a bike).
4. Displayed on the terminal and enter the code remember to lock the security cable that's built into every bike in the station. It also helps to protect the bike when stopping outside the station.
5. Unlock the lock on the bike station and ... hit the road!
6. During cycling, follow the Highway Code rules and common sense.
7. To donate a bike go to the terminal, log in by entering your phone number and PIN and then click “Tak”(Yes) to confirm the return and wait for the command - "zwrot przyjęty, zapnij rower"(return accepted, fasten your bicycle).
8. Enter a bike rack mount and attach it to a rope cipher.
• In the absence of the holders stand, clip the ear of any bike rack or other fixed utilities (sign, barrier) a short distance from the station. Please bicycle in the terminal.
• If no operation terminal so rent a bike or a hotline / well in English / or website www.nextbike.pl
• Helpline Phone No. 22/382 13 12, or 22/244 13, 13 are provided on each terminal.
LEGAL RESIDENCE IN POLAND
Residence permits for a specified period of time are issued to foreigners upon request and apply to the foreigners who can prove that there are circumstances substantiating their residence in the Republic of Poland for a more than 3 months.
Foreigners are obliged to forward application forms for a residence permit for a defined period at least 45 days before expiry of the period of stay specified in the visa they are in possession of or of the validity period of the former residence permit for a defined period.
- 4 copies of a filled in form of application for granting a residence permit for a defined period (1 original and 3 photocopies),
- 5 undamaged up-to-date, color photographs, dimensions: 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm, taken in the last 6 months on a single light background with good focus and clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders, so as the face occupies 70-80% of the picture; photographs should be presenting a person without head covering and dark glasses, looking straight ahead with eyes open and mouth closed and natural expression of the face,
- a photocopy of a valid travel document and the original document for inspection,
- certificate confirming that a foreigner has performed his/her duty to report his/her place of residence,
- a confirmation of the stamp duty payment.
APARTMENTS FOR RENT
If you want to rent a separate apartment you can see the ads on many portals. Unfortunately, most of which is available exclusively in Polish. Ask someone speaking Polish for help. Here are some sample addresses:
Apartments for Students
Flats for Rent
When renting an apartment it is necessary to sign the agreement. See an example of a lease agreement in Polish / English
Examples of Taxi company:
ZTP Radio Taxi, tel. 71/196 22
Radio Taxi Expres, tel. 71/196 28
MPT Radio Taxi, tel. 71/191 91
Radio Taxi Serc, tel. 71/196 29
Super Taxi, tel. 71/196 63
Radio Taxi Blues, tel. 71/196 61
Good luck !