RECRUITMENT IN ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/2018
Recruitment requirements are outlined in the Resolution of the Senate of the Wroclaw Medical University No. 1658 of 25.05.2016, App. 6 "Conditions and Procedure of Recruitment for Studies in English Language for Polish and Foreign Citizens (English)" , Polish version, EnglishVersion.
Admission Calendar for academic year 2017/2018 may be found here : Polish version, English version. Please read it carefully, because in the calendar can be found important information regarding admission procedure.
Attention! We would like to inform that the opening of the Online Registration System is planned on 25th March.
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE 2017/2018
we are very pleased that You are interested in studying at our Wroclaw Medical University. Please learn more information about recruitment process below :
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
According our recruitment procedure in Wroclaw Medical University we don’t have any entrance exams. We have open competition of grades. The results of the following subjects must be presented on the High School Certificate: Chemistry, Biology – mandatory, and Physics or Mathematics - one of them. Candidates will be chosen by an open competition on the basis of grades on the high school certificate (transcript of grades). Please note that the High School Diploma has to entitle its owner to apply for university studies at university level in the country of the candidate’s origin where the certificate has been issued.
How to apply for admission in Wroclaw Medical University?
How to apply for admission to Wroclaw Medical University?
All candidates applying for a place in the University are asked to register in Online Registration System (IRK). Link to the IRK System is going to be available on our website since 25th March 2017. All candidates are obliged to pay recruitment fee in first stage of recruitment procedure. The recruitment fee is 85 PLN and will be generated by Online system in candidates' profiles.
There are two stages of recruitment procedure:
Stage 1 : Online registration – application for all candidates. Starts on 25th March 2017.
Stage 2 : Submitting of originals of documents, payments of tuition fee – it applies only to candidates who have been accepted after Stage 1.
What documents (scans) are required during Stage 1 procedure?
1. High School Diploma with transcript of grades - which qualifies a candidate to undertake higher education studies at university level in the country of issue. Translation into Polish is required.
2. English Language Certificate - if your mother language is not English, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL.
3. Copy of passport or another personal ID
4. Health Certificate – stating that the candidate is in good condition to start medical studies. Filled and signed by a doctor. See : required forms below.
5. Application Form – signed by the candidate. See : required forms below.
English Language Certificates
1. IB Diploma is equivalent to proficiency of the English Language
2. Countries where official or native language is English: not applicable
Full information regarding English language certificates may be found HERE.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE ONE.
In the Stage One the candidates must create an account in the System. After successful creation, they upload scans of the documents mentioned above. Those scans will be considered by the Admission Board. If the candidate is qualified to admission by the Admission Board, the candidate is informed via Online system, as well as by email, informing on the approval to the Stage Two. All candidates may check it in their profiles.At this moment the Online system will generate in the candidates' profiles, qualified for admission, the Agreement on payment. All of them must sign the Agreement, and send a scan (pdf) to email : firstname.lastname@example.org . All the candidates who has been qualified to admission must pay tuition fee in proper time which depends on the date of creating of the agreement in profile of each candidate and can be found in the agreement.
The deadline for online application is July 23rd 2017.
Attention: Applications submitted after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered by the Admission Board!
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE TWO
Stage Two applies to candidates who have been accepted by the Admission Board. In Stage Two you just have to submit the originals of the required documents and pay the tuition fee. The list of required originals of documents will be sent to you immediately after your acceptance by the Admission Board (Stage 1). For all accepted candidates the University assigns/prepares their individual bank accounts. So please try not to to use the general bank account number of the University.
Deadline for the originals of documents and payment (of tuition fee) is August 31st 2017!
List of the ORIGINALS of documents, which must be submitted to Wroclaw Medical University (only for accepted candidates) :
1. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES (if not included on the Diploma) – must be translated into Polish language. The original of High School Diploma (in the language of origin) must be legalized or provided with an APOSTILLE in the country of student`s origin (depending on country). The Polish translation has to be done by a sworn translator. Please learn more about apostille HERE. Please also learn more about legalization of documents HERE.
2. APPLICATION FORM – filled in and signed by the candidate (including personal questionnaire) for admission to studies, stating the chosen field of studies.
3. ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE – that proves a good command of both written and spoken English (e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL, IELTS), must be certified according to the Regulation of the President of the Council of Ministers dated 16th December 2009 on the qualification procedures in civil services in case when English language is not a mother language of the candidate. Documents confirming language proficiency are listed in Appendix 1.
4. HEALTH CERTIFICATE - filled in and signed by a doctor
5. TWO (2) RECENT PASSPORT PHOTOS (on paper) – passport size (35x45 mm) signed on the back.
6. Certificate of vaccination against HEPATITIS B.
7. INSURANCE POLICY – in case of illness or accidents covering the whole period of studies in Poland or European Card of Health Insurance, or declaration of obtaining an insurance policy from the National Health Fund immediately after the beginning of studies,
8. VISA – a valid resident visa or Temporary Stay Card which entitles to stay on the territory of the Polish Republic. EU citizens can apply for Temporary Stay Card in Poland, during the first two months in Poland.
9. PROOF OF PAYMENT – all candidates have their own individual bank account number created by the Online Registration System and listed in the Certification of Enrollment. The payment must be done onto this individual account. Do not forget to write ED or English Division as well as your full name on your bank money order.
REMEMBER ! The deadline for submission of the documents is August 31st 2017 .
Number of available places for the first year students: 30
Deadline for the application: 23rd of July 2017
Information about the tuition fees and payments can be found here
Now please make sure that all required documents are delivered (uploaded).
NOTE! The documents you upload (except personal photo) should be in pdf format, picture formats such as jpg, bmp are not preferred.
Now you have to wait for a decision of the Admission Board, good luck!
Download application form for Dentistry
CONTACT FOR CANDIDATES :
Wroclaw Medical University, Faculty of Dentistry - English Division
Pl - 50-425 Wroclaw
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Jan Wojna, M Sc
Phone: +48 71 784 06 58
Attention: The applications submitted after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered by the Recruitment Commission!
After successful admission the candidate will be obliged to submit the original high school diploma or its copy certified by a notary office in the country of student`s origin (however the original must be attached while submitting a copy for nostrification), legalized or provided with apostille (www.hcch.net) in order to obtain an official recognition (so called "nostrification") of the high school diploma. This has to be done before the end of the first semester of studies. The procedure of nostrification with a list of required documents is described here.
Legalization (authentication) of documents :
Please note that the procedure is different depending on country of origin.
See more : Recognition of foreign school certificates and diplomas in Poland
Students holding IB or EB high school diplomas do not need to have apostille nor to undergo the procedure of nostrification of their certificates described above.